Nucleic Acids Chemistry
Outline of Today's Lecture
5. Prebiotic Chemistry, Non-Enzymatic Replication
5.3 Studies on Possible Prebiotic Syntheses
- Synthesis of ribose phosphates under potentially prebiotic conditions
- Formation of glycolic aldehyde phosphate
- Alternative structures to RNA and DNA
• Hexopyranosl nucleic acids
• Pentopyranosl nucleic acids
• Tetrafuranosyl nucleic acids (TNA)
- Oligomerization of activated ribonucleotides
5.4 Non-enzymatic replication of RNA and DNA
- Primer extension with RNA and amino-DNA primers
References: Eschenmoser, Hall, Chem. Comm. 2004,
Huang & Ferris, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2006, 128, 8914.
Vogel & Richert, Chem. Comm. 2005, 4922.