Nucleic Acids Chemistry
Outline of Today's Lecture
5. Chemical Synthesis of RNA, Prebiotic Chemistry
5.1 Chemical Synthesis of RNA
- 2'-TBDMS-based method
- 2'-Fpmp-based method
- 2'-Orthoester-based method
5.2 Hypotheses on the Origin of Life
- The Miller experiment
- Cofactors as fossils of the 'RNA World'
5.3 Studies on Possible Prebiotic Syntheses
- Synthesis of adenine from simple precursors
- Synthesis of sugars under potentially
References: Chapter 3 in Blackburn & Gait
Chapter 1 in Voet & Voet,
Orgel, Crit. Rev. Biochem. Mol. Biol. 2004, 39, 99.